Here's Building Utilities Quiz 04.
There will be 15 questions randomly picked from a database of 40 questions.
Each time you take the quiz, there will be different questions appearing. Enjoy!!!
Take the Exam again HERE.
Large screen setup HERE
SHOULD YOU NOTICE ANY DISCREPANCIES IN THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS POSSIBLY DUE TO HUMAN TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US ASAP (PROVIDE COMMENTS). THANK YOU!!!
A. Rationale and Description
1. Understanding of the basic practices, principles, general design and installation and/or construc-tion of utilities required for a building/ struc¬ture and its grounds/premises;
2. Understanding and analyses of utility, facility, and equipment require¬ments in relation to aesthetics, function, and stability of a building/ structure and its pre¬mises.
B. Terminal Competencies for LEA Candidates
1. Ability to identify and apply the fundamentals of building utilities and systems;
2. Ability to apply fundamental concepts and principles covering the general design and installation of electrical, mechanical, electronic/ communications, fire protection, building management, plumbing and sanitary systems, waste management systems, and the like in buildings and its grounds, consistent with trade practices and recommendations by the pertinent professionals;
3. Ability to applies the pertinent code provisions relative to the planning/ lay-outing, design, installation, operation and maintenance of such utility systems and their components;
4. Ability to converse and coordinate with the professionals and their staff concerned with such utility systems and components;
5. Ability to apply the basic principles of planning, designing, operating and maintaining such utility systems and components;
6. Ability to identify and to apply the different important aspects of acoustics and lighting as these relate to planning and design principles for buildings/ structures and their grounds; and
7. Ability to relate the psychological and physiological effects of such utility systems, sound and light on building occupants/ end-users.
Design and construction and/or installation of the following utility systems and their respective components:
1. Sanitary and Plumbing Systems and Equipment
a. Source, storage, supply and distribu¬tion;
b. Plumbing rough-in and fixtures;
c. Drainage and sewerage systems; and
d. Waste collection, disposal, treatment and/or recycling.
2. Mechanical Systems
a. Heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems;
b. Conveyors and other building mechanical equipment e.g. elevators, funiculars, escalators, walkalators, etc.;
3. Electrical and Other Power Systems
a. Electrical power and lighting supply, distribution and fixtures; and
b. Electrical power source and alternative power sources.
4. Acoustics and Illumination
a. The psycho-physics of acoustics and lighting; and
b. Acoustical treatment and corrections.
5. Disaster Prevention and Protection Systems; Security Systems
a. Building fire-fighting, prevention, and protection apparatus;
b. Installation and/or construction of the different protection systems;
c. Materials and fixtures; and
d. Disaster prevention and mitigation systems.
6. Communication Systems
a. Electronics system; and
b. Telephone, intercom, internet/ DSL, cable TV, audio/video facilities, public address (PA) system, etc.
7. Building management and other systems
a. Climate/ lighting/ security controls and related applications for buildings/ structures;
b. Robotics and related intelligent building features.